The City of Austin, the City's Ethics Review Commission and the League of Women Voters Austin Area, sponsored the following three City Council Candidate Forums for city council candidates competing in the November 2020 election. Austin voters will elect council members in five Council districts on November 3, 2020.
Moderated Candidate Forums
Following are the dates and links to videos of each moderated council district candidate forum:
- District 2: Wednesday, September 16th at 6pm
- District 4: Wednesday, September 23rd at 6pm
- District 6: Wednesday, September 30th at 6pm
- District 7: Wednesday, October 7th at 6pm
- District 10: Tuesday, September 29th at 6pm
- Runoff Forums for District 6 and District 10: Monday, November 30th at 6pm
Individuals were able to watch the recorded forums at ATXN.TV (ENG & SPA), cable TV channel 6, and AT&T U-Verse channel 99. The forums were also available live on KAZI FM 88.7 and by telephone in English and Spanish.
Visit AustinTexas.gov/Elections to learn more or call 3-1-1.
To view the City Council candidate 5 minute recorded statements by District, click the links below:
- District 2 City Council Candidate Statements
- District 4 City Council Candidate Statements
- District 6 City Council Candidate Statements
- District 7 City Council Candidate Statements
- District 10 City Council Candidate Statements
The following are hyperlinks to the League of Women Voters-Austin Area candidate guide. Council candidate information is on pages 32-37.
LWV-AA Voter Guide that includes council candidates (English): Candidate Questionnaire - English
LWV-AA Voter Guide (Spanish): Candidate Questionnaire - Spanish