Starting tomorrow, the City of Austin will be hosting a series of "pop-in meetings" to keep you and your neighbors informed about the 2016 Mobility Bond Corridor Program. The "pop-ins" wil be informal events with just a table or two in a high foot-traffic location along corridors eligible for construction as part of the 2016 Mobility Bond Program.
Can't make it? Visit AustinTexas.gov/CorridorMobility to peruse our online information, sign up for regular email updates and take a brief survey.
Times and dates for the pop-ins are below:
- Sept. 12 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Walgreens, (1144 Airport Blvd.)
- Sept. 15 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Wheatsville Co-op (4001 S. Lamar Blvd.)
- Sept. 15 from 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at L.A. Fitness (4001 S. Lamar Blvd.)
- Sept. 19 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Wal-Mart (2525 W. Anderson Lane)
- Sept. 27 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at East Communities YMCA (5315 Ed Bluestein Blvd.)
- Sept. 28 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Lowe’s (13000 N I-35 Svc Road SB)
- Oct. 4 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Wal-Mart (9300 S IH 35 Frontage Rd. b)
- Oct. 10, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at University Co-op (2246 Guadalupe Street)
- Oct. 12, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Walgreens (1920 East Riverside Drive, Bldg B)
- Oct. 17, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Big Lots (801 E William Cannon Drive #135b)
The goal of the Corridor Mobility Program is to improve safety, mobility and connectivity for everyone, whether you drive, walk, bike or take transit. As you can imagine, there’s always more needs than funding, so City staff is analyzing safety and mobility improvements in our Corridor Mobility Plans to help prioritize projects for a proposed Corridor Construction Program.
City Council will review and approve the proposed Corridor Construction Program before construction funding is made available for the projects. This is something that was required by City Council's Contract With Voters. Learn more about the Corridor Construction Program here.