Purpose of Biographies
Biographies are used to present a biography for a department head, elected official or high-profile City employee.
Steps to Creating a Biography
To get to the biography, you will need to go to My Workbench and select "Create Content." Then, select the Biography content type.
All steps correspond to the fields at right, which are the fields given when creating a biography.
1. Select “Biographies” under your department name in the Editorial Section. If Biographies isn’t an option, contact the AustinGo web team to have it added. Learn more about selecting the correct editorial section.
2. Enter the position, first name and last name of the individual.
3. Enter the person’s email. Only City of Austin emails are accepted. To provide a link to a city email address, you only need to type in the person's name. So, if linking to "firstname.lastname at austintexas.gov," you would type "firstnamelastname" in the email box. Don't forget to leave out the period between the two names!
4. Add a photo using the provided specifications, if a photo is available.
5. Add the text of the Biography in the “Biography” section. If you are unfamiliar with this editor or want more tips on adding documents, photos, links, etc. to the biography text, view additional information about the CK editor.
6. Features are available for Biography pages. To add a feature, use the following steps:
- To add a news section, select “Recent News: Program/Division/Location” from the drop-down menu. Do not place any additional text in the editor below.
- To add a blog, select “Blog: Program/Division/Location” from the drop-down menu. Do not place any additional text in the editor below.
- To add video, select “Video” from the drop-down menu. View step-by-step instructions for adding a video.
- To add a Flickr gallery, select “Flickr” from the drop-down menu and then enter in the embed code in the editor below that drop-down menu. If you can’t access the embed code or aren’t sure where to find it, contact the AustinGo web team.
Saving & Moderating Content
Once you’ve completed the biography, click Save at the bottom. You will then be able to send it through workflow to be published on the site. View more about moderating content.