Purpose of Factoids
Factoids allow departments to feature short facts in the third (right) column of their pages. Only one factoid can be shown per page; however, when multiple factoids are created for the same page, they rotate randomly on page load.
Steps to Creating a Factoid
To get to the factoid, go to My Workbench and select “Create Content.” Then, select the Factoid content type.
All steps correspond to the fields at right, which are the fields given when creating a factoid.
1. Select the Editorial Section. View additional information about setting the correct Editorial Section.
2. If the Factoid is to appear on the page selected in the Editorial Section (Home, About and/or Media), check the “Display on Highlighted Page Above” box.
If it is to appear on a different page, select the home page in the Editorial Section, leave the “Display on Highlighted Page Above” box unchecked and add the correct page title to the Page Reference field.
3. Add a page reference, if necessary. Learn more about using the Page Reference field.
4. Add the title of the Factoid in the Title field.
5. Add the “Fact” – the information you want to share on the page. Factoids are limited to 140 characters, so be brief!
Saving & Moderating Content
Once you’ve completed your factoid, click Save at the bottom. You will then be able to send it through workflow to be published on the site. View more about moderating content.