Purpose of Small Promos - Image
Promos, or promotions, allow department users to promote certain programs, frequently used resources, events, etc. on pages. The small promo - image shows a small image in the third (right) column of the page. These images are links that, when clicked on, take users to whatever the promos promote.
Steps to Create a Small Promo - Image
To get to the promo, go to My Workbench and select “Create Content.” Then, select the Small Promo – Image content type.
All steps correspond to the fields at right, which are the fields given when creating a Small Promo - Image.
1. Select the Editorial Section. View additional information about setting the correct Editorial Section.
2. If the small promo is to appear on the page selected in the Editorial Section (Home, About and/or Media), check the “Display on Highlighted Page Above” box.
If it is to appear on a different page, select the home page in the Editorial Section, leave the “Display on Highlighted Page Above” box unchecked and add the correct page title to the Page Reference field.
3. If the small promo is to appear on all pages besides the home page, select the “Display on All Other Department Pages” box. If a promo is to appear on every department page, select the home page in the Editorial Section and select both boxes under the Editorial Section.
4. Add a page reference, if necessary. Learn about using the Page Reference field.
5. Add a title for the promo.
6. Add the URL where users should be taken after they click on the promo in the “Promo Link” field. If linking to a PDF or another page on the city website, remember to only include everything after the "/" in the URL. For example, if you want to link to "http://austintexas.gov/drupalhelp" you would put only "drupalhelp" in the link box.
7. Add the promo image by selecting “Select Media.”
- If you want to upload an image, click “Browse” in the window that pops up.
- If you want to use an image that has already been uploaded, click on “Library” and then scroll to find your image. Once you’ve uploaded your image or clicked on it in the library, select “Submit.”
- Note: The image must be 206px by 45px.
If you upload the wrong image, you may select "Remove Media” to get rid of the image previously selected.
Saving & Moderating Content
Once you’ve completed your promo, click Save at the bottom. You will then be able to send it through workflow to be published on the site. View more about moderating content.