Purpose of Small Promos - Text
Promos (short for promotions) allow department users to promote certain programs, frequently used resources, events, etc. on pages. The small promo - text shows a title and a short summary of text in the third (right) column of the page. The title of the promo is a link that, when clicked on, takes users to whatever the promo is promoting.
Steps to Creating a Small Promo - Text
To get to the promo, go to My Workbench and select “Create Content.” Then, select the Small Promo – Text content type.
1. Select the Editorial Section. View additional information about setting the correct Editorial Section.
2. If the small promo is to appear on the page selected in the Editorial Section (Home, About and/or Media), check the “Display on Highlighted Page Above” box.
If it is to appear on a different page, select the home page in the Editorial Section, leave the “Display on Highlighted Page Above” box unchecked and add the correct page title to the Page Reference field.
3. Add a page reference, if appropriate. Learn about using the Page Reference field.
4. Add a title for the promo.
5. Add the URL where users should be taken after they click on the promo in the “Promo Link” field. If linking to a PDF or another page on the city website, remember to only include everything after the "/" in the URL. For example, if you want to link to "http://austintexas.gov/drupalhelp" you would put only "drupalhelp" in the link box.
6. Add the promo text. You may add up to 255 characters to describe the resource being promoted.
Saving & Moderating Content
Once you’ve completed your promo, click Save at the bottom. You will then be able to send it through workflow to be published on the site. View more about moderating content.