More than 75 area businesses have been recognized by the City of Austin for their efforts to make sustainability a key part of day-to-day operations. By resolving to go green, these companies are helping protect the environment, saving money, and making Austin a more livable place.
For Earth month, make a commitment to go green at work. What’s in it for you? You'll become a part of the green business network and invited to events with other green business leaders. You’ll also receive recognition and a tool kit to help you promote your green business.
Wondering what’s involved? To get started, go to www.austintexas.gov/greenbusiness and download the scorecard. Follow the suggestions below to start getting points!
Want an easy 10 points on your scorecard? Try this:
• Put computers on automatic sleep mode and discontinue using screen savers.
• Cancel catalogs and junk mail subscriptions – go to austin.catalogchoice.org for help.
• Supply employees with recycle bins at their desks.
• Order products that are recycled or refurbished and use little packaging.
• Use 100% post-consumer recycled printer paper and at least 30% post-consumer recycled paper products.
• Use power strips for computers and printers that can be turned off when you leave.
Need help with the scorecard? Give us a call – we’ll meet with your team to talk you through it.
Marc Coudert, email@example.com or 512-974-2016
Mary K. Priddy, firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-974-2539
Become an Austin Green Business Leader – because green business is good business!