The Sheffield Education Center is accepting submissions to “Submerged”, an exhibit of photos and videos taken in the depths and shallows of Barton Springs Pool. We need your help to capture the springs as you see them.
How to Participate:
Photographers and videographers of all backgrounds and ages are encouraged to apply. Selected images will be displayed within the Atrium of the Sheffield Education Center (the bathhouse at Barton Springs). The opening will occur August 11th 2013, and the show will remain on view until October 7th 2013.
Rules and Important info:
- - All photos and videos must have been taken under water in Barton Springs.
- - Barton Springs is a federally protected habitat of the Barton Springs Salamander. The intentional disturbance of rocks, plants and wildlife in the pool is illegal. Tread lightly
- - You may submit up to 5 photos and 2 videos (5 minutes max each).
- - All submissions must be digital and can either be emailed or dropped off on a CD or DVD.
- - Once accepted, the printed photos will be printed and delivered by the entrant.
- - Photos that are not mounted or framed will be mounted on foam core by exhibit staff.
- - The due date for submissions is July 5th 2013. Submit your images and videos via email or drop them off at the Sheffield Education Center Office.
- - Whether you submit via email or by dropping off digital media, please include an image list with your images labeled to correspond to file names. In your image list, please list the title, and the size the image will be printed at.
- - Simply email your photos to Bridget.firstname.lastname@example.org
- - If you are submitting videos please include a You Tube or Vimeo link, or submit a DVD or CDR by dropping it off at the Sheffield Education Center Office (follow instruction below).
- - Drop off a CD or DVD with your images or videos at the Sheffield Education Center Office.
- - Clearly label the disc with your name and contact info.
Due date for submissions: July 5th
Artwork Drop off: July 16th‐ 21st
Opening reception: August 11th
Closing: October 6th
Artwork Pick up: October 8th‐13th
If you need help or have questions, please email Bridget.Quinn@austintexas.gov