S.M.A.R.T. Housing code amendment moves forward through boards and commissions
In response to direction from City Council Resolution No. 20140410-026, staff from Neighborhood Housing and Community Development (NHCD) is moving forward recommended code amendments to the S.M.A.R.T. HousingTM ordinance. At this time NHCD staff is only recommending code amendments to the transit-oriented requirements of the S.M.A.R.T. HousingTM code.
The proposed code amendments will go before the Planning Commission on Tuesday, October 14, 2014.
Boards and Commissions review:
- Community Development Commission, September 9, 2014: Recommended approval of the staff recommendation code amendments with a 9-0 vote.
- Planning Commission Codes and Ordinances Subcommittee, September 16, 2014: Recommended the code amendments move forward to the full Planning Commission with unanimous support of the Subcommittee.
- Planning Commission, October 14, 2014: Item scheduled for action.
- City Council ,October 23, 2014: Public Hearing has been requested.
Staff is currently working to finalize the draft amended ordinance language. The draft ordinance will be posted for Planning Commission prior to the October 14th meeting.
Below please find links to the draft documents staff presented to the Codes and Ordinance Subcommittee.
- Revised draft version of staff’s presentation to Planning Commission Codes and Ordinances
- Draft proposed code amendment summary on the NHCD Community Matters Blog
Please feel free to contact Jessi Koch with any questions or comments via email email@example.com or phone 512-974-3100. Your feedback is essential to this process!