Do you need help buying an affordable home in Austin? The Community Land Trust program will allow you to purchase a home, but lease the land for a small monthly fee. By taking the cost of the land out of the real estate transaction, land trust homes are more affordable than houses on the open real estate market. The benefit is that it provides access to quality housing for low and moderate income families and keeps housing affordable for future buyers by controlling the resale price of the houses on CLT land through a ground lease and resale formula.
- Purchase of an affordable home in desirable neighborhoods of Austin
- May be eligible for additional down payment assistance
- Affordable monthly mortgage payments
- You have not owned a home in the past three years, or have been displaced or divorced;
- You have completed an approved Pre-Purchase Homebuyer Education Program;
- You have been approved for a mortgage with a participating lender; and,
- Your household income is 80% or less than the Austin area median family income (Check the MFI Program Limits Chart).
The City of Austin does not currently have any Community Land Trust homes available, nor any CLT orientations planned, at this time.
If you would like to be notified when new information about the Community Land Trust opportunities arise, please email NHCD@austintexas.gov. Or, please call (512) 974-3100 if you have questions or require more information.