Listening Sessions that took place Sept. 23-25, 2013, provided an initial opportunity for the CodeNEXT team to hear from the community about the Land Development Code.
Austin residents who attended the Listening Sessions had an opportunity to provide their input four ways:
1. Participants filled out a survey.
2. Shared thoughts and experiences with the Code at tables during a facilitated table discussion.
3. Marked the areas where they live, work and hang out on physical maps, along with comments about what they like and don’t like about the areas.
4. Marked the areas where they live, work and hang out on an online map, along with comments about what they like and don’t like about the areas.
View LDC Outreach Map in a larger map
What We've Heard So Far...
Below are some of the comments the team received about the CodeNEXT process:
- Input we’ve heard so far about what people like about the places they live include the parks and natural areas, and the neighborhood character and activities.
- What people dislike about the places they live include the traffic and lack of transit, and the lack of commercial areas.
- Input about the biggest issues to address during the revision of the Land Development Code included streamlining, simplifying and eliminating conflicts, mobility, affordability and density.