The Austin Municipal Court accepts cash, personal checks (including cases in warrant status), money orders, cashier’s checks and the following credit cards:
* Visa
* MasterCard
* Discover
* American Express
Please do not mail cash.  When mailing personal checks, money orders or cashier’s checks, be sure to include your name and case numbers with the checks for proper credit. You can view your case information to see if your payment has been applied. If you want or need to pay your tickets but do not have the money to pay them off in full, you may be eligible for other options:

Payment Plans

You may be able to arrange for monthly payments but you must get permission from the court.  You may come to any of the court locations, complete a financial affidavit  Financial Affidavit - English    Financial Affidavit - Spanish, or call us for eligibility and instructions.

Unable to Pay?

Payment alternatives may be available to you. All payment alternatives must be approved by a judge. Proof of income and expenses is required. If you or your dependent(s) receive federal assistance (i.e. food stamps, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Women, Infants and Children (WIC), Medicaid, Section 8, disability), please be sure to indicate the type of assistance received on the financial affidavit   Financial Affidavit - English   Financial Affidavit - Spanish, and bring proof of the assistance received to court.
If you’d like to learn more about payment alternatives, click here  Alternative Payment Options - English    Alternative Payment Options - Spanish.

Community Service

If you are unable to pay and would like to request Community Service, please complete the Financial Affidavit - English   Financial Affidavit - Spanish and bring the completed form, along with proof of income and expenses, to court.

Once approved by a judge, you may choose a worksite from the list of approved community service organizations for adults or juveniles. Community Service time sheets are available online for adults and juveniles.

By law, community service cannot be performed at a religious or political agency.

Jail Credit

If you have been incarcerated, you may request credit for time served. To request credit for time served, you must complete the Out of Custody Jail Credit - English form  Out of Custody Jail Credit - Spanish  and provide proof of incarceration from a jail or prison that includes the dates you were incarcerated. If you were in custody at Travis County Jail, we will be able to provide proof for you at no charge. If you have not already entered a plea of guilty or nolo contendere for the case(s) you are requesting jail credit for, you will be required to do so.

See Travis County incarceration information here.


If you are age 16 or younger, you may be able to request that a judge allow you to get tutoring instead of paying your fine.  You may ask for this option when you appear for your hearing with the parents or guardians.

Teen Court

If you are age 16 or younger, you may be able to request to participate in Teen Court.  You may ask for this option when you appear for your hearing with your parents or guardians.