Rosewood Park dates back to the last quarter of the nineteenth century as a family homestead. The park has been a part of the Austin community since the 1930’s. Different amenities were added to the park over the years with the last pool expansion occurring in the 1950’s. The expansion consisted of adding a bathhouse, concession stand and BBQ pit. The current Bathhouse is a large concrete structure located on the east side of the pool that is accessed via steps. The current access to the bathhouse is not in compliance with Federal laws and planning began in 2014 for new bathhouse to serve the pool and park area.