This annual cosponsored special event occurs on the 4th of July annually. View the event website for detailed information.
Rules and Public/Personal Safety Tips:
- Glass, Styrofoam, Alcohol and Smoking are prohibited in all parks. In addition, the event organizer may restrict additional items on site.
- Pets should be left at home, as the fireworks/cannons are extremely disturbing and loud during the concert.
- Pack a flashlight, blanket, folding chairs (no tents/staking), hats/sun screen, and come enjoy food from local vendors on site. NO GRILLING IN THE PARK this day.
- There is no camping/picnicing allowed on Cesar Chavez west of San Antonio for public safety.
- The waterway between the Lamar Bridge and 1st Street Bridge will be closed for public safety during show hours.
- This event is open for public participation. The event will affect area traffic conditions and public recreational use of the park during event hours. Due to the number of participants on site, and the nature of the activities, access to park areas, parking lots, waterway and/or docks are impacted during event hours.
- Significant road closures and/or lane reductions are associated with this event, and may precede actual event start times for logistical purposes.
Parking and Closures
- Park North and take the 1st street footbridge tot he shores! It is best to park downtown NORTH of Lady Bird Lake. See the downtown parking garage map.
- State Garages L and N Downtown
- Parking South - There is limited first-come first-served parking at One Texas Center and Palmer Events Center for a fee, however expect delays as thousand of pedestrians leave the immediate area.
Citywide street closure and other special event information may be found online. View the Special Events Division website for information on road closures and additional street events which may impact area traffic conditions.
The City of Austin encourages carpooling use of mass transit when attending all events. Many events provide bike rack or a designated bike parking area on site.
Please visit the event website for additional information and all inquiries about schedule and exact timing, parking, item restrictions, registration and contact information.