Austinites are invited to tour six East Austin Community Gardens that currently have garden plots available to the public. Visit each garden at your leisure and learn about how you can get involved in community gardening in Austin. With a community garden, you can meet your neighbors, grow your own healthy and organic veggies, share gardening tips and tricks, and have a space to come together and relax outdoors.
Free, kid-friendly, and open to the public. No sign-up required.
- Patterson Park Community Garden, 4200 Brookview Rd.
- Homewood Heights Community Garden, 2606 Sol Wilson Ave.
- Blackshear Community Garden, 2011 E 9th St.
- New Day Community Garden, 2215 E M. Franklin Ave.
- St. David’s Foundation Community Garden, 2921 E 17th St.
- Mueller Community Garden, John Gaines Park, 2708 Sorin St.
Co-hosted by Coalition of Austin Community Gardens. Photo credit Laura Kennedy.