This class will address business planning, governance, incorporation process, and financing for enterprises grounded in equity and justice.
You can build a thriving business that helps your community thrive, too! We'll help show you how. Local cooperative experts Annelies Lottmann and Drew De Los Santos will walk you through the steps of planning for, starting up, managing, and financing a business that is centered around equity, justice, and solidarity. You bring you "why" and we'll work together to uncover the "how" with practical tips on:
- Creating a great business plan that centers community needs
- Building functional equitable decision-making processes
- Identifying and communicating with stakeholders
- Getting Official-- the documents and steps to legally incorporating
- Practical straightforward options for financing a community-centered business enterprise
Este webinar es gratuito y se presentará en inglés con interpretación al español. This webinar is free and will be presented in English with Spanish language interpretation.
The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request - including translation and interpretation services. For assistance, please contact the Economic Development Department at 512-974-7819. The City receives and accepts Video Relay Service (VRS) calls from people who are Deaf or hard-of-hearing through Relay Texas 7-1-1.
Free to attend.