Conditional Overlays are combined with base zoning districts on specific properties to further restrict a zoning classification or land use. The CO is intended to provide flexible and adaptable use or site development regulations by requiring standards tailored to individual properties. A conditional overlay may be applied to any base zoning district. A CO may be applied to do the following:
- Prohibit permitted, conditional and/or accessory uses otherwise allowed in a base district
- Make a permitted use a conditional use
- Decrease the density that may be constructed
- Decrease building heights
- Increase minimum setback requirements
- Decrease maximum impervious or building cover requirements
- Restrict access to adjacent roads and require specific design features to minimize the effects of traffic.