The goals of the East Austin Environmental Initiative are:
- Work with the community to better identify environmental issues and problems, increase awareness and to develop community interest in pollution prevention and clean up.
- Enhance the City's environmental activities in East Austin and coordinate local, state and federal environmental efforts in the region.
- Increase the public's awareness of the Watershed Protection's water quality protection programs and the City’s water and energy conservation programs and services
- Reduce point and non-point source pollution in East Austin.
- Investigate reported environmental problems and seek solutions to those problems.
- Increase the number of inspections of permitted and non-permitted facilities and the number of Stormwater Discharge permits issued in the East Austin area.