City of AustinFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The following park amenities will be available:
- Barton Creek Spillway (aka "Barking Springs")
- Disc Golf Courses
- Neighborhood Tennis Courts
- Outdoor Adult Exercise Equipment
- Campsites (at Emma Long Metropolitan Park)
Additionally, the following facilities* are allowed to reopen:
- Sunshine Camp
- Girl Scout Cabin
*Each facility will operate under reduced capacity and COVID-19 Modified Operating Procedures specific to each facility, such as social distancing, cleaning protocols, and other requirements of the non-profit operators.
Finally, these PARD programs may resume:
- Permitted outdoor fitness instruction
- Approved small group (10 or less) activities (e.g. outdoor volunteer activities such as clean-ups and plantings)
The Department continues to evaluate its system-wide operations on a daily basis. As risk stages decrease, further consideration will be given to additional PARD openings. It is also possible that if conditions deteriorate, the Department will again close amenities/facilities.
Park patrons are reminded to continue practicing social distancing, hand sanitation, and wearing masks. Updates on park and facility operations can be found at austintexas.gov/parkclosures.