Dates: Friday, October 2, 2020
Times: 4:30 a.m.
Location: 9300 block of E. U.S. Hwy 290
The Austin Police Department Aggravated Assault Unit is seeking assistance with an investigation into an incident in which a vehicle was shot at in the 9300 block of E. U.S. Hwy 290 at approximately 4:30 a.m. on Friday, October 2, 2020. The vehicle, a white, 2015 BMW i8, was fired on by multiple suspects. The driver of the vehicle was struck. His injuries were non-life threatening.
Two of the suspects, described and pictured below, were captured on video surveillance. They were seen in a grey Honda Civic.
- Black male with goatee
- Estimated to be approximately 6’ tall
- Thin build
- Tattoos on back and right side of neck –tattoo on side of neck appears to be a “C” interlocking with another letter
- Last seen wearing a navy hoodie and black stocking cap
- Black female
- Estimated to be approximately 5’8” tall
- Tattoo on inner left forearm
- Last seen wearing a white tank top, gold shorts, white sneakers and a black COVID-19 mask
Detectives are asking anyone with information about this case to call the APD Aggravated Assault Unit at (512) 974-5245, Crime Stoppers at 512-472-TIPS, submit a tip on the Crime Stoppers website or use the Crime Stoppers app. All information is anonymous and may be eligible for a reward up to $1,000. You can also submit tips anonymously through APD’s mobile app, Austin PD, which can be downloaded for free on iPhone and Android.