City of AustinFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Travelers should be prepared to expect a significantly busier than normal airport — particularly the Mondays after both events.
AUSTIN, Texas – Days around the upcoming Austin City Limits Music Festival and Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix are historically the busiest days of the year at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, and this year is predicted to set new records in daily passenger traffic.
Travelers should be prepared to expect a significantly busier than normal airport—particularly the Mondays after both events—as festival-goers and race fans depart from Austin.
Passengers should arrive in the terminal at least 2 hours before departures during the peak times of 5-8a.m., 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and 3:30-5:30 p.m. For all other times, travelers are advised to arrive 90 minutes before their departure time.
Using a taxi or ride app? Know where to go!
The pick-up location for taxis and rideshare customers is located across from the terminal on the ground level of the Rental Car Facility. Travelers can either walk to the location or take ADA-compliant mobility assistance vehicles located on the lower level of the garage to the Rental Car Facility.
- Drivers - Click here to learn where to pick up your passengers at the airport.
- Passengers - Click here for directions to meet your ride app or taxi.
Allegiant, Frontier passengers go to the South Terminal
Allegiant and Frontier both fly out of the airport’s South Terminal, located at 10000 Logistics Lane. The South Terminal is not accessible from inside the Barbara Jordan Terminal or from SH 71. Travelers can take a shuttle from the upper-level of Presidential Blvd. to the South Terminal, but are encouraged to utilize the more than 1,000 available parking spaces at the South Terminal. The South Terminal is accessed from Burleson Road between US 183 South and FM 973. For details and directions, click here.
Text “Austin” to 56512 to Experience AUS!
Wondering where to find the best live music while waiting for your flight? Curious about the art installations around the terminal? Want to play games and earn travel rewards? Text “Austin” to 56512 for Experience AUS—the quickest and easiest way to explore the airport from your phone.
Experience AUS is a free platform that allows passengers to get the most up-to-date airport information without having to download an app or navigate complicated searches. The interactive platform includes live music schedules and performance locations, as well as art tours, activities for children, maps and more.
Be prepared with these travel resources
For travel tips, including how to pack smart, navigate the security screening process, and where to check for flight and traffic updates, visit the Travel Tips section of our website.
- As a reminder, firearms are prohibited at passenger screening checkpoints and possession of them will result in arrest.
- While packing, check luggage to ensure no prohibited items are in the bag or its pockets. For a comprehensive list of banned and permitted items in carry-on baggage, visit the TSA's website.
- Bottles containing liquids do not get recycled. Passengers can easily pour out the liquids from bottles at the “Pour It Out” receptacle at checkpoint entries, making the bottles ideal for recycling.
- TSA’s Pre-Check is available at Checkpoints 1 and 2. To enroll, visit TSA.gov.
- Coats, jackets, hats, other such outer garments and shoes must be put through X-ray screening
- Passenger-screening checkpoints open at 3:30 a.m. and all gates in the Barbara Jordan Terminal are accessible via any of the three security checkpoints
- Airport parking updates are available 24/7 by calling 512-530-3300. See more airport parking information here.
For the latest news, real-time flight information, parking availability, and details on the many services provided at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, visit AustinTexas.gov/Airport. You can also follow Austin-Bergstrom on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.