The ongoing community dialog to support and incentivize affordable housing construction in Austin continues in early December, with Neighborhood Housing and Community Development (NHCD) hosting two meetings for developers and community leaders to discuss expansion of City programs and policies.
The meetings are scheduled for December 3 from 10:30 am to 12 pm, and 6-7:30 pm at the NHCD offices, in the Street-Jones Building, 1000 East 11th Street. Members of the public are invited to attend either meeting.
Items on the agenda for the meeting include:
- Call for Requests for Resolutions supporting 9% Low-Income Housing Tax Credits
- Promotion of grant applications for Community Housing Development Organizations
- Update of changes and corrections to Housing Development Assistance process
- Review of new Tenant Protection Lease Addendum (start of 30-day comment period)
- Promotion for Permanent Supportive Housing units and the Housing Trust Fund
The community dialog began in December 2018, as NHCD invited developers and community leaders to provide input on revamping and streamlining the Affordable Housing Development Assistance process, institute new application criteria, and formalized a quarterly review process.
“Over the past year, this process has resulted in NHCD making significant progress for affordable housing construction,” said James May, Community Development Manager for NHCD. “It allowed NHCD to effectively deploy $20 Million in General Obligation Bonds for approximately 400 new affordable units.”
“As we prepare for next year, we have much to discuss with our development partners and with the community as a whole. To ensure that this conversation can include as many voices as possible,” May said.
For more information, contact May at email@example.com.