The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) requires cities to develop an annual CAPER to report use of HUD grant entitlement funds received for affordable housing, community development, economic development and public services through federal Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnership Programs, Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG), and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA).
The CAPER assesses the City’s progress and the effectiveness of its performance during FY 2016-17 in the achievement of its overall strategies, objectives, and priorities outlined in the FY 2014-19 Consolidated Plan. The Draft CAPER for FY 2016-17 will be available for review during the public comment period. The City will submit this report to HUD prior to December 29, 2017.
Public Comment Period
The public is invited to review the Draft FY 2016-17 CAPER during the public comment period. The document is available on the NHCD website or at the following community locations:
• Austin Central Public Library, 710 W Cesar Chavez Street (Central)
• Austin Resource Center for the Homeless (ARCH), 500 East 7th Street (Central)
• East Austin Neighborhood Center, 211 Comal Street (East)
• Neighborhood Housing and Community Development Office, 1000 East 11th Street, Suite 200 (East)
• Rosewood-Zaragosa Neighborhood Center, 2800 Webberville Road (East)
• St. John's Neighborhood Center, 7500 Blessing Avenue (North East)
• AIDS Services of Austin, 7215 Cameron Road (North)
• Housing Authority of the City of Austin, 1124 S IH 35 (South)
• South Austin Neighborhood Center, 2508 Durwood Street (South)
• Pleasant Hill Library Branch, 211 East William Cannon Drive (South)
Written comments may be submitted until 5 PM on December 7, 2017. Please include a name, address, and phone number. You can email comments to: NHCD@austintexas.gov or mail comments to:
Neighborhood Housing and Community Development
Attn: FY 2016-17 CAPER
P.O. Box 1088
Austin, Texas 78767
For additional information, NHCD staff may be reached at (512) 974-3100 (voice) Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. TTY users route through Relay Texas at 711.
Communications and Public Information Office
301 W. 2nd Street, Austin, TX 78701