The Challenge Studio is an intensive 9-month program that forms and supports a team of entrepreneurs as they solve challenge areas outlined in the City of Austin’s Strategic Direction 2023 plan. The goal of the Challenge Studio is to create a new business whose products and services result in a local public benefit. The City of Austin will provide workspace, customized learning programs, coaching and technical assistance.
Entrepreneurs will be chosen for each challenge area:
- Food Security and Nutrition - Improve access to fresh, nutritious food in areas of Austin experiencing the highest rates of food insecurity
- Environmental Quality - Zero Waste by 2040 in Austin means keeping at least 90% of discarded materials out of the landfill
- Incubation for 9-months with access to 900 ft2 of workspace
- $10,000 in prototyping and seed funding*
- Legal technical assistance valued at $2,500
- Training program focused on new team formation, design thinking, and business fundamentals
- Access to mentors, business coaches and subject matter experts
Who Should Apply?
- Passion for the specified challenge area
- Relevant experience - knowledge, skills and abilities that might be leveraged to create a solution to the challenge
- Growth mindset - openness and willingness to learn new things
- Entrepreneurial intent - a deep commitment to starting and growing a business in Austin
- Resilience and perseverance
- Commitment to a 9 month program
Applications are closed.