The City of Austin process for the review of economic development proposals includes two City Council meetings as follows:
• (First Meeting) Placing the economic incentive proposals for Websense, Inc. and Dropbox, Inc. on the City Council agenda as a time-certain agenda item with staff presentation, allowing for public comment.
• (Second Meeting) Public hearings and City Council action occurring at the next City Council meeting after the agenda item with staff presentation.
The process also includes providing economic development proposal information in advance of the two City Council meetings as follows:
• Making available to the public the economic incentive proposal, back-up materials, and all unrestricted information relevant to the proposal no later than the sixth day before the agenda item with staff presentation.
• Posting to the public the economic incentive proposal, back-up materials, and all unrestricted information relevant to the proposal on the Economic Development Department website, in a manner that allows the public to provide written comment. The written comments will be collected and reviewed by staff and provided to City Council in a timely manner.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
The Economic Development Department will have a public comment period commencing February 6, 2014 regarding the economic development proposals between the City of Austin and Websense, Inc. and Dropbox, Inc. The public comment period will commence at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 6, 2014 and continue through 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, February 16, 2014. All written comments will be provided to City Council on Monday, February 17, 2014.
STAFF PRESENTATION (FIRST MEETING) The City of Austin will hold a regularly scheduled City Council meeting at which time staff will provide a briefing on the Websense, Inc. and Dropbox, Inc. economic development proposals.
• Thursday, February 13, 2014, 10:30 am, at Austin City Hall, City Council Chambers, 301 W. Second Street.
PUBLIC HEARING AND CITY COUNCIL ACTION (SECOND MEETING) The City of Austin will hold a special called City Council meeting at which time a public hearing will be held to receive public comments on the economic development proposals. All interested parties are invited to attend the hearings. The City Council will also take action at this meeting. The special called City Council meeting and public hearing will be held:
• Thursday, February 20, 2014, 1:30 pm, at Austin City Hall, City Council Chambers, 301 W. Second Street
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PROPOSAL INFORMATION: WEBSENSE, INC.
Please review details on the economic development proposal between the City of Austin and Websense, Inc.