The City of Austin is ending its relationship with EasyPark USA on Sept. 5, 2018. The City of Austin made this decision based on increased utilization of and demand for alternative payment methods. Although the relationship between EasyPark USA and the City of Austin is ending, limited service will continue for a full year.
The following changes will take place as the City of Austin transitions away from EasyPark:
• Effective Sept. 5, 2018, EasyPark USA will NO LONGER accept new customers, sell new devices, or allow customers to purchase more parking funds through their account.
• EasyPark will continue to charge customers the monthly membership fee until funds are depleted and the customer account is closed.
• All EasyPark customers must transfer funds from their online EasyPark accounts to their devices immediately for use. Once a customer has depleted their funds on the devices, the customer must close their account with EasyPark.
• EasyPark USA will continue to provide customer service to active City of Austin customer accounts until the account funds are depleted and the account is closed or until September 5, 2019, whichever comes first.
• The Austin Transportation Department will continue to honor the use of EasyPark devices for City of Austin on-street metered parking usage until Sept. 5, 2019 or until the customer’s preloaded fund balance is depleted, whichever comes first. No refunds will be given by EasyPark USA or the City of Austin.
Since 2011, the City of Austin has partnered with EasyPark USA to provide a mobile payment solution for on-street parking at City of Austin meters. The management of on-street parking in and around Downtown Austin continues to become more demanding every year and, with that demand, the City is responsible for finding ways to help better manage the on-street parking system and promote efficiency for the public to find and pay for parking spaces.
If you have any questions regarding this transition and/or need further clarification, please contact the Austin Transportation Department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.