Want to start a community garden? Curious about composting at home? Dream of opening your own food trailer? Need a little help stretching your food budget further? Here are some helpful resources to get you started.
Resources for Home:
Other Helpful Links:
Starting a garden at school?
- Apply for a Bright Green Future Grant for your school garden
- Check out the Central Texas School Garden Network
Starting a garden at home or a community garden?
- Call before you dig: check for utility lines on your property
- Use this Top Soil Cover Quantity and Cost Calculator
- Learn about Integrated Pest Management
- Follow these Gardening Health & Safety tips
Interested in farming?
- Farmshare Land Link connects farmers with land, and landowners with growers.
Explore City of Austin rebates: