We Are Ready To Serve You.
Following the March 24, 2020, Order by the City of Austin and Travis County to “Stay Home, Work Safe”, we have discontinued all in-person customer services at the One Texas Center facility. Most of our services are available by phone, video conference, email, and our online portal, Austin Build + Connect (AB+C). For information on our modified services, please visit our DSD-COVID-19 page.
- The owner of the property & or the permit holder may request that the permit be declared null and void by submitting a written request to the Permit Office.
- The written request must include the Permit number(s) and address(s) of the property.
- The request must be signed by the property owner or the permit holder.
- The purchaser of the new permit shall pay one-half of the current fees unless the fee is less than the minimum fee for the respective permit prior to the issuance of the new permit.
Transfer of Permit
- A building permit or trade (electric, mechanical, plumbing or irrigation) permit cannot be transferred unless the current permit holder and new permit holder both consent to the transfer of the permit.
- A request for transfer must be submitted in writing to the Permit Service Center and be signed by the current permit holder and new permit holder.
- A permit which has expired cannot be transferred.
- Demolition and Relocation permits cannot be transferred.
- Homeowner permits for electric, mechanical, plumbing and irrigation permits cannot be transferred.
Complete the Request for Refund form and submit to the Service Center, located on the 1st Floor of 505 Barton Springs Road.
A refund requires approximately four weeks once the written request has been received and processed.
- Refunds of building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing & irrigation permits may be requested in writing by the purchaser of the permit. The request must include the Permit(s) number, address(es), include a copy of the permit receipt, and must be signed by the purchaser of the permit.
- A refund will not be granted if the purchaser has paid the minimum fee established for the specific type of permit in the adopted fee schedule.
- A refund will not be granted if any work governed by the permit has been performed.
- A refund will not be granted if an inspection has been performed, scheduled or requested pursuant to the permit.
- A refund of 75% of the original permit fee, less the minimum permit fee established for the specific type of permit in the adopted Fee Schedule will be granted on the following conditions:
- The permit is active
- The purchaser of the permit has requested the refund in writing.