The City of Austin is home to some of the earliest autonomous mobility testing in the nation. Continuing a proactive and deliberate approach to these new mobility capabilities will ensure a future that is equitable, affordable, prosperous and data-driven. And where would we be without a map?
The City of Austin and Capital Metro’s Smart Mobility Roadmap encompasses five key areas:
- Shared-Use Mobility
- Electric Vehicles and Infrastructure
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Data and Technology, and
- Land Use and Infrastructure
The Smart Mobility Roadmap is divided into three sections:
- The first section provides insight into each of these areas as well as the convergence of technology. It also discusses national efforts related to shared, electric and autonomous mobility.
- The second section looks at how this technology may affect Austin's equity, affordability and safety and workforce.
- The final section discusses the current Council and Board resolutions and initiatives and describes how executing a plan like this may impact projects and operational resources.
Smart Mobility Roadmap Documents
We want to know what you think about the Smart Mobility Roadmap.
- Please go to smartmobilityroadmap.civicomment.org to provide feedback on the document and ask questions. Once on the website, you will be prompted to create an account so that you can comment on the document. The username and email address that you provide on that account will only be used to follow up with you about the feedback that you give.