ATX Walk Bike Roll (ATXWBR) will take about two years to complete.
Within these two years, there will be three major phases of public outreach and planning efforts.
|Programs & Policies
|Plan Document Development
|Outreach goal: discuss
community needs and
priorities to shape guiding
values of ATXWBR.
Outreach goal: Determine where
|Outreach goal: review and
discuss the plans and priorities
- did we get it right?
|Project Completion: March 2023|
*Note: Outreach activities will occur both online and outdoors. There will be a variety of individual, small group, and large-scale opportunities. Specific activities will be announced at the beginning of each project phase.
What are we working on now?
- Equity Scan: We interviewed local leaders of historically underrepresented groups. We asked questions like how can we improve outreach and what concerns they have. We also reviewed how City and regional plans and projects have or have not addressed equity.
- Equity Framework: Building on the equity scan, we created a draft equity framework using the City of Austin's definition of racial equity “the condition when race no longer predicts a person’s quality of life outcomes.” This document guides how our team makes decisions and works together with the community. It will be updated often as we learn from the community.
- Conditions Analysis: We’re mapping existing urban trails, sidewalks, and bikeways. We are also beginning to identify barriers, opportunities, and potential connections, and we will be asking for feedback on these map plans throughout the process.
- Outreach planning: We want to create opportunities for all to get involved. Check the “Get Involved” page for the latest information.
- Community Ambassadors: Our ambassadors have been collecting feedback on how people currently get around Austin and how we can improve walking, biking, and rolling. Our ambassadors primarily focus on gathering input from communities of color and other unrepresented groups in Austin.
Check back at a future date to see what progress we’ve made! Have a question? Email us at ATXWalkBikeRoll@AustinTexas.gov