Key South Lamar Projects Sidebar
South Lamar: New Mixed-Use Projects with Homes (North to South)
This list of projects was developed in conjunction with a feature story for City Shaping News about the current changes taking place on South Lamar. Read the full article here.
PLEASE NOTE: Project data was confirmed with project teams, but may not be fully complete; please refer to project websites for updated information.
Hanover South Lamar North of Uchi Restaurant
- 340 apartments; rents $1,900-2,000/mo
- Small café connected to club house, start-up size offices (250 sq.ft.)
- Anchor tenants TBD
- Completion: Fall 2014
South Lamar Plaza at Treadwell St.
- 415 apartments (lease only)
- Rent $ TBD
- 70,000 s.f retail/restaurant
- Anchor tenants: Alamo Drafthouse, The Highball; new eateries by owners of Garrido’s and J Blacks
- 12,000 s.f. grocery store
- Completion: Winter 2013-2014
Gibson Flats at Gibson St.
- 202 apartments; rents $1285 - $2885/mo
- 3,000 s.f. retail/restaurant
- Anchor tenant: Odd Duck (Food trailer to storefront, onsite)
- Completion: Q4 of 2013
Post Lamar at 1500 S. Lamar Blvd.
- 298 apartments; rents $1400 - $2400/mo.
- 8,500 s.f. retail/restaurant
- Anchor tenants: Barlata (Spanish tapas); Verts Kabaps (Berlin-inspired, $5-$7)
- Other tenants TBD
- Completion: Open
704 at The Spoke at the Broken Spoke
- 380 apartments
- Rents $ TBD
- 20,000 s.f. retail/restaurant
- Anchor tenants: The Broken Spoke
- Other tenants TBD
- Completion: Spring 2014
Cielo South Lamar BLVD at 2717 South Lamar
- 327 apartments
- Rent under $1,000 – $2,400/mo.
- 30 townhomes (2-3 story)
- 7,700 s.f. retail/restaurant
- Several acres devoted to trees
- Anchor tenants: TBD
- Completion: Early 2014
Skyway Studios* at Manchaca (site of existing Goodwill store)
- 108-110 apartments
- Rents for households under 30% MFI
- Efficiencies (400 s.f.)
- Ground-floor retail; supportive services
- Anchor tenant: Goodwill Store, Foundation Communities
- Completion: 2015
*Skyway Studios has applied for City and federal funding; it is not yet finalized
Rendering provided by Amstar Group
South Lamar Plaza rendering:
Image credit - Michael Hsu Office of Architecture