Meet the new Restore Rundberg Revitalization Team
Restore Rundberg Revitalization Team Co-Chair Roberto Perez Jr. and Code Compliance Workgroup Leader Randy Teich were reelected as members of the Revitalization Team, and four new members: David Fairchild, Michelle Fleming, Rachel Pry, and Antonio Ramirez were added to the group last week, during the last Revitalization Team meeting.
The Revitalization Team page has been updated with this information. Visit it to learn who holds which place, and learn more about the reelected and new members below:
- Roberto Perez Jr. is a former Goodwill of Central Texas Project Coordinator now working as a Program Supervisor for the City of Austin Health and Human Services who can provide insight on workforce development, community resources, individuals with criminal backgrounds, and the Hispanic Community.
- Randy Teich is a business owner volunteering with the North Austin Civic Association, the Foundation for the Homeless, and the recently created Reagan High School Alumni Association.
- David Fairchild is the Outreach Specialist of the Refugee Services of Texas' Survivors of Trafficking Empowerment Program, that chairs the Central Texas Coalition Against Human Trafficking. He's expressed interest in leading the Prostitution Prevention and Intervention Workgroup that's been looking for a leader since the Homelessness and Prostitution priorities were separated in August of last year (see August Revitalization Team meeting minutes.)
- Michelle Fleming is a Training Manager at the Texas Department of Aging and Disability. She has served in many volunteer roles such as Teen Court Judge, Court Appointed Special Advocate, and the Executive Director of Nehemiah Alternative, a church-based nonprofit. She is a founding member of the Dobie Middle School Boy Scout Troop 290 and works with the Bair Foundation Child and Family Ministries.
- Rachel Pry is a business owner, the Community and Public Content Technology Liaison for the Junior League of Austin, and an Educational Docent of the Colorado River Alliance.
- Antonio Ramirez works in the Resettlement Department of Caritas of Austin and has been involved with several youth and mentoring agencies like Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas, Youth Advocate Programs, and the SAFE Alliance, among others.
You don't have to be a Revitalization Team member to get involved with the neighborhood revitalization initiative. "We welcome anyone who wants to volunteer," stated Restore Rundberg Revitalization Team Chair Erica saenz during the election. Visit the Get Involved page to learn more about Restore Rundberg.