The Purpose of the Planning and Zoning Department is to provide planning, preservation and design services to make Austin the most livable city in the country.
- Interim-Director: Denise Lucas
- Organization Chart (PDF)
- Contact Information: 512-974-3583
- Hours of Operation: 7:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Location: One Texas Center, 505 Barton Springs Road, 5th Floor
- City Boundaries and Special Districts
- Code Amendments
- Historic Preservation
- Imagine Austin
- Long Range Planning
- Maps and Data
- Media Relations – 512-974-2743
- Office of the Director - 512-974-3531
- Urban Design - 5th Floor - 512-974-2975
- Zoning Review
- For Zoning Verification, contact the Development Services Department at 512-978-4000. (A County Tax Parcel number is required).