The CIP Partners Academy is a series of seminars designed for City staff, vendors, and other parties involved in the City's Capital Improvement Program (CIP).
Welcome to capital Contracting's CIP Partners Academy.
The purpose of the CIP Partners Academy is to educate and engage with partners in Capital Project delivery and provide them with the information and resources resulting in successful City of Austin Projects.
The goals of the academy are to:
- Provide information, tools, and resources needed to pursue City professional services and construction contracts
- Gain a better understanding of City processes, roles, and responsibilities associated with CIP contracting
- Provide an opportunity to network with CIP partners
Participants attending all 6 seminars will receive a certificate of completion from the City
2021/2022 CIP Partners Academy sessions:
This year you only have to register once for CIP Partners Academy. You will select your classes, add them to the cart, then check out. You can always go back and change your selection at any point.
2021/2022 CIP Partners Academy Classes
Missed the class? No worries! We'll post the video and the materials below once the classes is complete.
September 15, 2021:
- Session 1 - 10 am, Consultant/Construction Contractor Performance Evaluation Program
- Session 2 - 11 am, The Rate Review Process
October 20, 2021:
- 10-11:45 am, The MBE/WBE Compliance program and Anti-Lobbying Ordinance and No Contact List
MBE/WBE Compliance Presentation
Anti-Lobbying Ordinance Presentation
November 17, 2021:
- Session 1 - 10 - 11:30 am, The Statement of Qualifications and The Evaluation Process
February 16, 2022:
- Session 1 - 10 am, Upcoming Projects - Construction
- Session 2 - 11 am, Upcoming Projects - Professional Services and Alternative Delivery
April 20, 2022:
- Session 1 - 10 am, Contracting Methods Used by the City
- Session 2 - 11 am, The Construction Training Program
May 18, 2022:
- Session 1 - 10 am, Design Build Contracting
- Session 2 - 11 am, Rotation List Contracting
Our Online event page for these classes has been updated with the Event Links, please click here to access the information. NOTE you must be registered for the CIP Partners Academy to view this information.
June 15, 2022:
- Session 1 - 10 am, Show me the Money - Payroll, Invoicing, Getting Paid
- Session 2 - 11 am, Contract Changes and Change Orders
Keep in touch!
Questions? Send Sarah an email at email@example.com