The City's Construction Training Program
Thank you to everyone who joined us for our November 2021 event. Below are the event links.
The November 15, 2021 CTP Virtual Event
The CTP fosters training in the construction trades in order to develop a pool of qualified, ready-to-work skilled and semi-skilled workers, and to provide economic opportunities to City citizens by:
- Emphasizing the recruitment of trainees who are likely to become members of a contractor’s regular workforce upon completion of the Program;
- Emphasizing training in skilled craft classifications;
- Implementing a 15% goal on CIP projects, with signifi cant budgets exceeding $10 Million, for the use of United States Department of Labor (DOL)-approved Apprentices, DOLapproved On the Job Trainees, or DOLapproved Bilingual Training Program
- Trainees and/or graduates of DOL approved training programs; and
- Implementing a Construction Ready trainee program by establishing a pipeline with community agencies who provide pre-apprentice and/or apprentice-readiness training.
Questions about the Program?
Please contact our CTP Administrator at CTP@austintexas.gov or by phone at (512) 974-2319.
Download our Tips and Benefits Flyer!
CTP Key Documents:
- DOL - Approved Apprenticeship Programs - April 4, 2022
- Pipeline Organizations - April 5, 2022
- CTP Training Report
- CTP Training Plan
- CTP Flyer
- CTP Information Guide
- CTP Frequently Asked Questions
- Council Resolution
- Memo to Council
- 00840 IDIQ
Keep in touch!