The City's Construction Training Program
February 7, 2023 CTP In-Person Event
November 15, 2021 CTP Virtual Event
The CTP fosters training in the construction trades in order to develop a pool of qualified, ready-to-work skilled and semi-skilled workers, and to provide economic opportunities to City citizens by:
- Emphasizing the recruitment of trainees who are likely to become members of a contractor’s regular workforce upon completion of the Program;
- Emphasizing training in skilled craft classifications;
- Implementing a 15% goal on CIP projects, with significant budgets exceeding $10 Million, for the use of United States Department of Labor (DOL)-approved Apprentices, DOL approved On the Job Trainees, or DOL approved Bilingual Training Program
- Trainees and/or graduates of DOL approved training programs; and
- Implementing a Construction Ready trainee program by establishing a pipeline with community agencies who provide pre-apprentice and/or apprentice-readiness training.
Questions about the Program?
Please contact our CTP Administrator at CTP@austintexas.gov or by phone at (512) 978-1752.
Download our Tips and Benefits Flyer!
CTP Key Documents:
- Contact List for DOL Programs - February 15, 2023
- Contact List for Pipeline Organizations - July 18, 2023
- CTP Training Plan - August 9, 2022
- CTP Training Report - August 9, 2022
- CTP Flyer
- CTP Information Guide
- CTP Frequently Asked Questions
- Council Resolution
- Memo to Council
- 00840 IDIQ
Keep in touch!