This project will introduce new fitness equipment, consolidated into a central location, to enhance the exercise opportunities in the park.
PARD proposes that the improvement project include:
- Fitness equipment to provide a well-rounded variety of exercise opportunities. (Equipment is designed for ages 13+)
- Visual guides showing intended exercises for each equipment piece
- New fitness area surfacing of poured-in-place rubber
- Concrete ribbon curb to separate new fitness area from the trail
By improving the fitness equipment, PARD seeks to enhance the exercise opportunities at Davis/White Northeast by accomplishing the following objectives:
- Connecting with the community to understand fitness needs and desires;
- Increase the variety of fitness equipment available to offer users with a range of abilities the opportunity to condition multiple muscle groups; and
- Bring more awareness to this public amenity in the park.
- Community Engagement: August 2022
- Design Development: Fall 2022
- Project Construction: Early 2023
Community Survey: View results
To facilitate more connections to the survey, PARD hosted two pop-ups.
For questions or more information, contact Rachel Morris, PARD project manager, by email or call (512) 974-9460.