Govalle Neighborhood Park is located on Bolm Rd. near Airport Blvd. Boggy Creek cuts through the park and Walnut Creek Trails starts here. The playground equipment in the park was identified as a priority for replacement.
The focus of the project is to bring improvements to the playground. In addition to new equipment, the project will address access and safety concerns. The Austin Parks Foundation (APF) worked with the community to identify additional improvements to the park, including field improvements and improvements to the existing basketball court.
Please note that as in any construction project, schedules are projected as accurately as possible. All dates are subject to change due to the nature of construction and the weather.
- March 2021: Community Meeting #3 (Complete)
- April-August 2021: Permit and CD formatting (Complete)
- September-October 2021: Project bidding and award of contract (Complete)
- January 2022: Construction Begins on the playground (Complete)
- August 2022: Playground opens (Complete)
- August 2022: Construction begins on the multipurpose field (Complete)
- December 2022: Multipurpose field opens (Complete)
The Park and Recreation Department (PARD)’s goal is for community members to become engaged to reflect the known demographics of the neighborhood, with a particular interest in involving immediate neighbors to the park. Past community engagement meetings for this project include:
Community Meeting #1
September 16, 2020
Community Meeting #2
November 18, 2020
Community Meeting #3
March 10, 2021
Funding and Resources
Funding was provided by APF through ACL Board designated funds.
For more information, please contact PARD project manager Patrick Beyer by email or phone at 512-974-9576. You can also contact Katie Robillard, APF Project Manager, by email or phone at 512-253-7610.