North Shoal Creek Neighborhood Plan Draft Plan Open House Announced
The Planning & Zoning Department is pleased to announce the release of the draft North Shoal Creek Neighborhood Plan. At this point the draft is 90% complete. The draft plan is available for review in PDF format (18MB file). The draft plan will also be available for review at the North Village Branch Library.
Give us your comments at the Draft Plan Open House:
Saturday, December 9, 2017
10:00 AM to 12:00 PM (Drop in any time!)
Pillow Elementary School
3025 Crosscreek Drive
At the Open House you can:
- Find out more about the draft plan
- Vote on top action priorities
- Learn how to get involved in the Neighborhood Plan Contact Team formation
- Take the North Shoal Creek Plan Final Survey (Open until 12/22/2017)
- Enjoy breakfast tacos and coffee!
For more information about the Open House, please contact Jeff Engstrom at 512-974-1621. For more information about the Neighborhood Plan Contact Team, please contact Margaret Valenti at 512-974-2648.
After you review the plan and attend the Open House, take the Final Survey!
The North Shoal Creek neighborhood planning area is bounded by Anderson Lane, Mopac, US 183, & Burnet Road.
When completed, this plan will offer strategies and recommendations to guide North Shoal Creek into becoming a more Complete Community, as described in the the Imagine Austin Comprehensive Plan. A Complete Community is one which:
- Provides access to employment, shopping, learning, open space, recreation, amenities and services
- Accommodates people of all ages: children at every stage of their development, young adults and their families, and seniors aging in the neighborhoods where they raised their families
- Is easy to travel about and to local destinations by walking, biking, transit, and/or by car.
Planning Process and Community Input
Staff has compiled this PDF document containing a summary of meeting exercises and survey results. Links to full results are available on this page.