We Are Ready To Serve You.
For information on DSD services, click to learn about our COVID-19 modified operations.
The Development Services Department (DSD) issues other types of permits for other City Departments as well:
- Barton Springs Zone Annual Operating Permit
Water quality controls, i.e., sedimentation/filtration pond, retention/re-irrigation systems, etc. for commercial and or multi-family sites.
- Business-Related Permits
Outdoor Music Venue, BYOB, Sign, Mobile Retail, Temporary Use
- General Permit Program Project Exemption Submittal
(for City Departments and City Franchised Utilities)
A program established to expedite the development review, permitting, and construction of administrative site plans for City Departments and City of Austin Franchised Utilities that are located on city properties, city easements, and/or public right-of-way.
- Hazardous Materials Storage Permit
- Non-Peak Hours Concrete Installation Permit (Central Business District only)
- Permits required for historical properties
- Pools and Spas
(this link will direct you to the Health and Human Services Department)
- Right of Way Permits
(this link will direct you to the Austin Transportation Department)
- Special Event Permits
(this link will direct you to the Austin Center for Events)
- Temporary Use Permit
- Tree permits
- Underground Storage Tank
Sites with an underground storage tank, located within the city limits and within a water supply or aquifer related watershed.
- Expired Permits
- Use the Public Search function of Austin Build + Connect for Permits/development case information.
- View instructions on searching permit/case information