The Austin Parks and Recreation Department’s Brush Square Museums, in collaboration with the Brush Square Museums Foundation, presents the 46th Annual O. Henry Museum Pun-Off World Championships on May 13, 2023, 11am-6pm at Hilton Austin.
The O. Henry Museum Pun-Off World Championships is an internationally renowned spoken word competition focused on the art of the pun.
Usually held behind the O. Henry Museum, this year it will temporarily be hosted courtesy of Hilton Austin, located at 500 E 4th St., while Brush Square is under renovation.
Punsters are excited to return to the event’s traditional springtime date of the day before Mother’s Day. For the last few years, the event has been held in October due to scheduling issues caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. To express our excitement about returning to the traditional date, this year’s theme will be “Spring for Words!”
Participants may register at: www.punoff.com
- Registration and attendance is FREE! No ticket or reservation is required to attend the event
- Registration begins April 1, 2023
- Event includes live music, silent auction, and t-shirt sales to benefit the O. Henry Museum
- Event parking at Hilton Austin is $20. There is limited street parking, but many public parking garages are located near the Hilton.
- Two separate live contests are held: Punniest of Show and Punslingers - contestants may enter either or both contests. Winners are selected by a panel of judges.
- A maximum of 32 entrants per event will be accepted for registration. Contestants are chosen via lottery and entering doesn't guarantee you a spot in either competition.
For more details and event updates, check our website:
O. Henry Museum Pun-Off World Championships | Austin, TX (brushsquaremuseums.org)
500 E. 4th Street
Austin, TX 78701