Managing people isn’t what you thought you were signing up for when you started your own business. But your business has grown, and so has your team, and now you need to manage the people alongside your business. This three-hour session will help you establish systems and workflows to make sure that you are communicating clearly, establishing healthy boundaries, and setting your employees—and yourself—up for success. We’ll also cover making sure your team is able to get what they need from you in a timely and efficient manner.
Register for Best Practices for Managing People
You’ll receive a workbook to use during class, and there will be time for Q&A built in. All participants will leave with a toolkit of resources, including templates, worksheets, and helpful links.
Small business owners are encouraged to send key employees if they are unable to attend themselves.
What To Expect: Participants will be able to speak and interact with the instructor and others. There will be ample time for Q&A at the end, but we also have plenty of group discussions planned during the session as well. There will be two ten-minute breaks to allow for checking your email, grabbing a cup of coffee, etc.
- All participants will receive a follow-along workbook to take notes, follow instructions, and complete exercises during the session.
- Presentation slides and exercises will be provided to all participants.
- Participants will also get a free toolkit - a collection of templates, forms, worksheets, and other resources that will be made available at the end of the class.
Who Should Attend?
- Small business owners
- New and established businesses
- Human Resource professionals
The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request - including translation and interpretation services. For assistance, please contact the Economic Development Department at 512-974-7819. The City receives and accepts Video Relay Service (VRS) calls from people who are Deaf or hard-of-hearing through Relay Texas 7-1-1.