Austin Resource Recovery presents Fix-It at Home!, an interactive, online workshop series aimed at teaching Austinites repair and maintenance skills from home. Classes range from learning sewing basics and ‘patching’ up clothes, to fixing recreational equipment and household appliances. You’ll meet and learn from a local expert who will instruct you and other Austinites during the class.
Are you a musician? Do you own an electric guitar? Whether a long-time guitarist or newcomer, join our instructor to learn how to identify and repair common issues with electric guitars. Empower and equip yourself with the techniques to make sure you’re hitting all the right notes!
Class size is limited. If you are unable to attend, please remove your registration. Class participants that live in the Austin-area will be given priority.
- Any volt/ohm meter or multimeter
- Screw drivers (assortment)
- Contact cleaner (Caig F5 and D5 or WD-40 Brand Electronics Cleaner)
- Soldering iron/electronics solder (for advanced repairs)
- Identify common issues with electric guitars
- Learn how to use a basic multi-meter to test for common problems
- Understand how to clean electronic parts
- Electronic care and maintenance
This class is recommended for ages 16 and up. Parental supervision is recommended.
Meet the Instructor
Chazz Bessette is co-owner of Sunflower and Friends, a vintage guitar store in Lockhart, Texas. He has over 20 years of hands on experience working on musical instruments and related electronics.
This workshop will be hosted on an online platform called WebEx. This may require downloading an application on your computer or phone. The ability to share your camera is encouraged, though is not required to participate. A link will be provided before the workshop.