This event does not charge a fee for public participation.
Amplified Sound: Amplified sound has been permitted at this event from: 4 pm - 10 pm.
PARK ACCESS: In Use – no fences, no barriers, significant portion of the park reserved/impacted by the event. Includes increased pedestrian and vehicular activity.The Lady Bird Lake waterway between South 1st and Shoal Creek will be closed.
Plan your trip to the park!
Please follow Leave No Trace principles. Plan ahead and prepare. Dispose of waste properly. Be considerate of other visitors.
- Wear sensible outdoor shoes, clothes, hats for sun protection, bug spray and a blanket.
- Stay hydrated.
- Pack a flashlight if you are traveling the Hike & Bike Trail
- Personal umbrellas allowed
- Folding chairs with attached canopies are allowed
- Food and beverage vendors will be on site
- Austin Public Health's Office of Violence Prevention will be on site during the festivities to promote their Address Your Stress Campaign
Prohibited Items/Park Rules/City Ordinances:
- Alcohol is prohibited by ordinance.
- Barbeque grills and cooking is prohibited at the event site. A burn ban is currently in effect in the park system.
- Drones are prohibited at the event per FAA regulations.
- Fireworks – and sparklers are prohibited in any park area/grounds.
- Glass and styrofoam are prohibited.
- Pets - leave pets at home, fireworks are highly upsetting to pets. If you lose your pet, check with the Austin Animal Center.
- Smoking and vaping is prohibited in City of Austin parks - Class C Misdemeanor
- Swimming in Lady Bird Lake is prohibited by ordinance.
- Tents - E-Z Up style or pop-up canopies/tents are not permitted.
- Vending at the park site without a permit - $200 minimum fine, Class C Misdemeanor
STREET CLOSURES, TRANSPORTATION AND PARKING:
- The event will significantly affect area traffic conditions and public recreational use of the park during event hours.
- Street Closures/Impacts: Road closures and/or lane reductions are associated with this event.
(Click on the Image for Full Map)
- Park road closures are associated with this event. The Auditorium Shores and Alliance Children's garden parking lots will be closed.
- Neighborhood NO PARKING restrictions are IN EFFECT! Signed “no parking areas” are actively enforced on event day(s).
IMPACTS and ALTERNATIVE PARK USE AREAS:
- Suggested Alternative Park Use Areas: Vic Mathias Shores Middle lawn, Shores off leash area, Zilker Park Great Lawn
- Off Leash Areas - http://www.austintexas.gov/department/leash-areas
- Due to the number of participants on site, and the nature of the activities, access to park areas, parking lots, waterway and/or docks are impacted during event hours.
For alternative transportation options visit: austintexas.gov/department/getting-around-austin
For bus routes and schedules visit: capmetro.org
For downtown parking information visit: austintexas.gov/department/downtown-parking
- PARKING ALERT - Parking on the grass/on unauthorized park grounds is a $250 parking fine during special events.
- VENDING ALERT - Illegal vending/commercial activity Class C Misdemeanor minimum $200 fine.
- Glass, Styrofoam and Smoking are prohibited in all parks. In addition, the event organizer may restrict additional items on site.
- For additional event information and all inquiries please visit the event website for additional information, schedule and exact timing, parking, item restrictions, registration and contact information.
Vic Mathias Shores
900 West Riverside Drive
Austin, TX 78704