You’ve got the marketing basics down. Your social media audience is engaged, you’ve built your email list, and you are ready to take things to the next level. This three-hour workshop will teach you how to leverage search, PR, podcasting and video to expand your reach and build your customer base. Even if you still don’t totally understand what a podcast is, doing a guest interview on one could open up a whole new audience segment for you—and this class will teach you how to land that guest interview spot!
All participants will receive access to download a workbook and toolkit of resources including templates, worksheets, and helpful resources.
Small business owners are encouraged to send key employees if they are unable to attend themselves.
Course Material Downloads:
- Follow-along workbook to take notes, follow instructions and complete exercises during the session.
- Presentation slides and exercises will be provided to all participants.
- Toolkit - a collection of templates, forms, worksheets and other resources that will be made available at the end of the class. This is intended to provide additional information and support as you continue on the path to starting your business.
What To Expect:
This is a virtual class using Zoom meetings. Participants will be able to speak and interact with the instructor and others, as if in a live, in-person session. There will be ample time for Q&A at the end, but we also have plenty of group discussion planned during the session as well. There will be two ten-minute breaks to allow for checking your email, grabbing a cup of coffee, etc.
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone interested in starting a new business
- Business owners looking to rebuild or revamp, post-covid
- Freelancers, Designers & Writers wanting to launch their own brand
- Those in the process of starting a business, who may be stalled or stuck
- All are welcome - and if you are forming a partnership, we encourage all parties to attend
The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request - including translation and interpretation services. For assistance, please contact the Economic Development Department at 512-974-7819. The City receives and accepts Video Relay Service (VRS) calls from people who are Deaf or hard-of-hearing through Relay Texas 7-1-1.