About this event
Don’t let your idea fizzle out before it gets off the ground because you haven’t taken the time to test your strategy. This three-hour, in-person class is a must before you start your new business. There are so many details to think through before you launch a business, and this hands-on, interactive session will help you think through them all. Using the Business Model Canvas tool, you’ll ensure you have all the information you need before allocating resources to your new venture.
There will be plenty of time for questions and idea-sharing, so come ready to chat! When you enroll in this class, you’ll receive a copy of The LeanStartup: How Today's Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses by Eric Ries, a workbook to use during the class, plus all participants will leave with a toolkit of resources including templates, worksheets, and helpful links. Sign up for this class, and you’ll be one step closer to making your business launch a success!
All participants will leave with a toolkit of resources, including templates, worksheets, and helpful links.
Small business owners are encouraged to send key employees if they are unable to attend themselves.
Course Material Downloads:
- Follow-along workbook to take notes, follow instructions, and complete exercises during the session.
- Presentation slides and exercises will be provided to all participants.
- Toolkit - a collection of templates, forms, worksheets, and other resources will be available at the end of the class. It is to provide additional information and support as you continue on the path to starting your business.
The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request - including translation and interpretation services. For assistance, please contact the Economic Development Department at 512-974-7819. The City receives and accepts Video Relay Service (VRS) calls from people who are Deaf or hard-of-hearing through Relay Texas 7-1-1.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone interested in starting a new business
- Small business owners
- Startup founders
- Freelancers, writers, and consultants
- Both new and established businesses are welcome
Map to City of Austin Small Business Division, 52-2 E. Ben White, Suite 400