This event charges an admission fee on select nights. Check the event website for details. On gate admission nights, pre-purchased entry tickets are STRONGLY suggested. Pre-paid parking on site is required on all nights! There are no drive up parking sales!
- There is NO drive-up access to the Zilker Holiday Tree on Trail of Lights event nights. Check the tree page for information about visiting on nights when the Trail of Lights is not occurring.
- Amplified sound has been permitted at this event 5 pm - 10 pm. Park Access: Minimally Open - more than 50% closed, only available to ticketed patrons. Half of the event nights are free at the gate - see event website for details.
- Road closures December 2-23. Closure Schedule Document
- Event Day Google Map with Park Areas/Closures
STREET CLOSURES, TRANSPORTATION & PARKING:
(To see the full street closure map click on to open a new page)
- The event will moderately affect area traffic conditions and public recreational use of the park during event hours.
- Park road closures are associated with this event. Park parking lots close daily to public parking at 2 pm on fun run night, and 4 pm on all other event nights.
- Parking: Pre-paid parking on site is required on all nights! There are no drive up parking sales!
- Shuttles: For details about shuttles, visit: https://austintrailoflights.org/event-faqs
- Neighborhood NO PARKING restrictions are IN EFFECT! Signed “no parking areas” are actively enforced on event day(s).
IMPACTS and ALTERNATIVE PARK USE AREAS:
- Suggested Alternative Park Use Areas: Vic Mathias Shores Middle lawn, Shores off leash area, other Off Leash Areas
- Safety fencing will be erected as part of the event and will close the park to regular public access.
- Due to the number of participants on site, and the nature of the activities, access to park areas, parking lots, waterway and/or docks are impacted during event hours.
- In addition, event set up activities occur in advance such as infrastructure delivery and includes a significant amount of traffic in the park.
- PARKING ALERT - Parking on the grass/on unauthorized park grounds is a $250 parking fine during special events.
- VENDING ALERT - Illegal vending/commercial activity Class C Misdemeanor minimum $200 fine.
- Glass, Styrofoam and Smoking are prohibited in all parks. In addition, the event organizer may restrict additional items on site.
- For additional event information and all inquiries please visit the event website for additional information, schedule and exact timing, parking, item restrictions, registration and contact information.
For alternative transportation options visit: austintexas.gov/department/getting-around-austin
For bus routes and schedules visit: capmetro.org
For downtown parking information visit: austintexas.gov/department/downtown-parking
For additional details about transportation, including shuttles, visit: https://austintrailoflights.org/event-faqs
Zilker Metropolitan Park - Great Lawn
2100 Barton Springs Road
Austin, TX 78704