About the Event/Permits/Park Access:
- This event does not charge a fee for public participation.
- Amplified Sound: Amplified sound has been permitted at this event from: 10 am - 5 pm
- Park Access: Partially Open - greater than 50% available without a ticket and unfenced.
- March 31 - Lou Neff Road will be closed for event set up purposes.
- **APRIL 1st ZILKER KITE FESTIVAL ROAD CLOSURES MAP**
(Click on the Image for Full Map)
**APRIL 1st MULTIPLE EVENT ROAD CLOSURES MAP**
- April 1 - Barton Springs Road, Stratford Lane and southbound Azie Morton will be closed. The event will significantly affect area traffic conditions and public recreational use of the park during event hours. See closures.
- Neighborhood NO PARKING restrictions are IN EFFECT! Signed “no parking areas” are actively enforced on event day(s).
- Parking Lots/Garages - all lots have pre-paid options and many will sell out in advance. Do NOT drive to a parking garage location listed below unless you have pre-paid for parking.
- Zilker Park - pre-paid parking ONLY
- One Texas Center: 505 Barton Springs Road, pre-paid parking ONLY
- Palmer Events Center - $15, pay at entry, enter via westbound Barton Springs Road west of South 1st Street
- Austin High - pre-paid parking ONLY
- Rollingwood @ Bee Caves: 3500 Bee Cave Road
- Shuttle Busses - $5 shuttle rides run from the Toney Burger Center. Children who can ride on a lap ride free.
- BUS ROUTES: Visit capmetro.org
- MetroRapid 803: Running every 15 minutes during the event, this route takes riders to Barton Springs Station on South Lamar Boulevard. 803 Current Schedule
- MetroBus 3: Running every 30 minutes, seven days a week, this route takes riders to Barton Springs Station on South Lamar Boulevard. 003 Schedule
- For downtown parking information visit: austintexas.gov/department/downtown-parking
- Alternative transportation options: austintexas.gov/department/getting-around-austin
- Hike or Bike to the Event
IMPACTS and ALTERNATIVE PARK USE AREAS:
- PARKING ALERT - Parking on the grass/on unauthorized park grounds is a $250 parking fine during special events.
- VENDING ALERT - Illegal vending/commercial activity Class C Misdemeanor minimum $200 fine.
- Glass, Styrofoam and Smoking are prohibited in all parks. In addition, the event organizer may restrict additional items on site.
- For additional event information and all inquiries please visit the event website for additional information, schedule and exact timing, parking, item restrictions, registration and contact information.
Zilker Metropolitan Park - Great Lawn
2100 Barton Springs Road
Austin, TX 78704
See Map: Google Maps
see event website