First, you need:
- A great idea!
- A simple sketch of your idea, with the location identified
- An idea of the project budget
- A plan to meet your cost-share through fundraisers, in-kind labor, cash donations, etc.
Second, talk to your neighbors: show them the sketch, tell them about the cost-share, earn their support! The City requires:
- The endorsement of the commonly recognized neighborhood association or the homeowner’s association for your area (City staff can help you to identify this).
- The endorsement of at least 60% of the area bounding the project. (City staff can assist in identifying the affected residents).
- An agreement to maintaining the project for the life of the project.
Third, send an email to the Neighborhood Partnering Program. Please include in your email:
- Your name, phone number, and organization you are representing.
- A project location, a simple sketch, and a brief description of your idea.
*Projects that are determined to be eligible for the Neighborhood Partnering Program will be sent a formal application.
Fourth, work with the Neighborhood Partnering Program staff to submit the full Neighborhood Partnering Program application and requested back-up materials.