Cost-share is calculated as a combination of any of the following:
Cash is directly applied to the project cost-share.
- Grants can also be used as a cash match under the cost-share program as long as the granting organization authorizes that use.
- Applicants have 180 days to raise the funds from the time their project is approved.
- In-kind labor is credited at the same rate non-profits utilize to calculate the value of volunteer hours. That rate is set each year by Independent Sector, and the rate is approved by the Government Accounting Standards Board. For 2014 applications, this rate is approximately $24.66/hour.
- Professional and other in-kind services are credited at fair market value. To receive this credit, the service provider must provide an invoice for services, which will be credited to the project.
- Donations of materials and equipment are credited at fair market value.
- Maintenance such as paying water bills estimated for credit over a 2-year period. Projects are required to be maintained for the life of the project by the successful applicant, and credit for maintenance is given for a 2-year period.