The City of Austin Sidewalk Master Plan has a prioritization matrix for new sidewalk projects that includes the following factors:
- How far are the nearby schools, major employers, transit stops, government offices, public accommodations and public housing?
- How many people live in the area?
- Are there already existing sidewalks in the area?
- How busy is the street?
- Has a request been made? (Has the request been made by the ADA task force, as part of an Adopted Neighborhood Plan, or by a neighborhood resident?)
- Have there been reported pedestrian safety concerns?
Using this decision matrix, the Sidewalk Program’s limited budget is used to achieve maximum benefits.